Linlithgo, Columbia County, New York
Built in 1793, for John Livingston (1750-1822) and his wife, Maria Ann Le Roy (1759-1797). John was the fifth son of the 3rd Lord of the Manor of Livingston and his grand-daughter, Cornelia, would marry the heir of the Livingstons of Clermont. He received 28,000-acres from his father and built Oak Hill on what had been the northwest corner of Livingston Manor. In today's terms, Oak Hill is sited near the current location of the Rip Van Winkle Bridge. John's elder brother, Walter, built Teviotdale in the same vicinity. Oak Hill remains a private house and is still lived in by the Livingston family today. However, the front lawn is available to hire for weddings.