A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Security cookie which helps to prevent cross site request forgery attacks.
Some of our content is loaded over a Content Delivery Network (CDN) hosted by Cloudflare. Cloudflare uses this cookie to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address in order to apply security settings on a per-client basis.
We use Google Analytics to analyse how people use the HouseHistree website. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the site’s analytics reports.
Records if a user has already seen and dismissed the cookie consent banner. It is necessary to prevent the consent message showing up after already having been dismissed.
Used to identify an individual across their browsing session. It allows us to provide a customized experience per user.
Set when a user checks “Remember me” on the log in form. The cookie allows the user to remain logged in indefinitely or until they manually log out.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our website: session cookies and persistent cookies.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist until you close the browser after using the website. Session cookies help our website remember activity you have done on the site, for example, if you have already dismissed the cookie consent banner.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website, for example, if you tick the 'Remember me’ on the login form a persistent cookie will be used to allow you to remain logged in the next time you visit HouseHistree